Well, I was really having a hard time falling asleep, cuz every time I would finally doze off I'd be woken by a 'bh'. Finally I got up and went down stairs thinking sitting in the recliner might alleviate the pain, but to no avail the only thing that would help a little bit was walking around. They also had been quite frequent in occurrence, like 4 minutes apart, but I wasn't too bright to put two and two together and realize that these weren't 'bh' but contractions! Finally at 4:00am I gave into the pain and woke David up and called the doctor, who suggested I should head to Labor and Delivery. So thankfully my father-in-law was willing to come over and stay with Anna, while we went to the hospital.
We arrived at 5:00am and they hooked me up and started monitoring me. Well my contractions were immediately jumping to 100% in strength, and every 4 minutes lasting for a minute to a minute and a half. Hmmm, I thought I was just being a baby and couldn't handle a little pain, hahaha! We did have a planned c-section for the 19th and I had discussed with the doctor about what if I did go into labor on my own ahead of that day. He agreed we could try to go VBAC (vaginal birth after c-section), but only if everything was going awesome, and the baby was descending great, etc. Well it wasn't going quite what we would have liked, and rather than the babies heart rate going up during a contraction, it was staying either the same or dropping a little. So we just opted to do the c-section and play it safe. I am proud to say that I did all the laboring (about 8 hours) with out any drugs! They started prepping me and gave the Heaven sent spinal, around 7:00am, and at 8:05am, Brent was born!
So he was 10 days earlier than we were planning and although we weren't totally prepared, all is well. Actually I write this on the day he was supposed to be born. We are doing good, he's eating good, and Anna has really enjoyed him. I'm trying to add more pictures, but it is being dumb, so I'll get them up ASAP.
No comments:
Post a Comment