So Monday afternoon/evening I was sitting in the chair in our living room and had just finished feeding Brent when there began to be a drip on my knee, so I look up and there is water dripping from the cannedlight. I thought 'oh crap' and went running for a bowl, then ran upstairs to Anna's bathroom which is right above that area. Well her bathtub was 1/4 full of murky icky water, but nothing else was backed up or looking out of place. So I call my wonderful Father-in-law, who flew to the rescue. He tries flushing the toilet to see if that effects the water drip and it didn't, so he tries plunging to see if it would raise the water in the tub, oh but we forgot to see if that would effect the water drip, so David gets home, sees the bowl and comes upstairs, but he doesn't mention how bad it was dripping now, and so by the time we realized it the whole chair cushion was sopping and the floor was getting there. AHHH! More crazy running around to get a bigger bowl and then a bucket. Thankfully the water that was dripping from the light was clean toilet water, even though it doesn't sound like it would be clean, it is. We ended up asking the neighbor who is connected to us if they were having backup problems, which they were and it all started after she had taken a bath, and in townhomes they will sometimes connect the main plumbing lines, ARGH! So Dad tried poking holes in the ceiling to help get the water out faster, and we had to call a rooter dude to come clean us/the neighbors out. See we hardly use that bathroom and it's the neighbors master bath, so it was definitely their problem, but I knew she couldn't afford it (not that we really have the money either, owell) and that she probably wouldn't have done anything about it, bless her, so we just took care of it. We still need to asses the damage to the ceiling and see what needs to be done, lets hope it isn't too bad! Lets hope the insurance will cover something of it all. Sorry long and wordy and hardly makes sense, but that is what we've been up to lately.
4 comments:
That really STINKS - literally. I'm sorry! I still think that you should ask the neighbor to help out with some of the cost... Maybe I'm just mean.
I'm so sorry you've had to deal with all of that. That really bites.
So glad that you have a such a handy father-in-law that lives close... what a blessing.
Note to self: Townhouses are evil. :)
You should ask Beth about her dripping ceiling experience one day.
Post a Comment