Friday, February 22, 2008

Its been 4 years in the making....

Hi all. I don't normally write the posts but this one is near and dear to my heart and has taken a bit to finally get done. I guess I'll start at the beginning. I transferred to the University of Utah after I got my associates degree from Ricks College. I majored in Biology and minored in chemistry. It wasn’t an easy major but I love the sciences (I work in a lab now so go figure). I found work at Nelson labs as I was close to finishing and have been there ever since. Anyway, I finished my last classes in the spring of ’04 shortly after Amber and I got married. I applied for and was accepted for graduation and I walked in May and my family was able to come (in-laws too). I waited patiently for my diploma to come after everything was said and done but it didn’t show up. Thinking it was an address problem I contacted the University. I was told I needed to talk to my advisor and straighten things out and I wasn’t on their list. Talk to him I did. I paid (again) the graduation fee and waited patiently for my diploma. Again it never came. A long story short, after a few trips up to campus and doing as I was told, it took ~4 years and one final trip to get things finally worked out. So here it is in all of its’ cellulosic glory, my piece of paper that says I’m done!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats! I'm glad that you finally got it.

Bethany said...

I can't believe it took so long! Congratulations on finally getting it (and for graduating in the first place)!

Ponczoch Family said...

WOW. I honestly can't believe that it took so long. You had better get an amazing frame to display that diploma in.

Amanda said...

Yippeee! Finally!

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

Congrats! That's quite the story! Glad it all worked out!

Frye Kids said...

We are proud of you Dave!! Hey at least you still beat Briant!