I'm really quite sad to leave this house, I love my kitchen and large master bedroom! Also the memories that have been made here. So I'm really struggling wanting to pack, for both sentimental reasons and because the kids are handfuls. So if you have anytime in the next two weeks that you want to come and hold my hand while I try to get stuff done, and to watch my kids, please do, it would be very much appreciated. Uncle Gary gave a lesson at F.H.E. Sunday about being willing to take service and allowing others to serve us, and I know I'm really bad at allowing people to help me. So I know it's a double standard, asking for service, but I really think I just may need it this time. Wish us luck!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
We're Under Contract!
Well, it happened and it happened fast. We had been on the market for about 3 1/2 months, and had had no showings for the last 2 months, then I got a call from the realtor Tuesday morning saying he had an agent who wanted to show the house, and I was like, this house? Shock! Thankfully he had given me early enough warning, cuz the house was a disaster, and thanks to my mother-in-law, Cindy, who came and helped, we we're able to get it in good showing order. They were to have been here from 5:30-6:30, but when we got home at 7:00 they were still here, we were hoping that it was a good sign. Well, that night the agent called our agent and said 'they liked it, they liked it a lot' and wanted to come back the next day and they wanted us to have a Sales Disclosure filled out. Thankfully the house was still looking good. We had no news Thursday, but did have a random agent stop by who wanted to show our floor-plan to a guy, and she asked if we were under contract yet, because she new we had some serious lookers...hmmm. So Friday morning we got the call, it was a much lower offer than we wanted, so we countered, then Saturday they countered again, which we countered again, in which they accepted, so by 5:00 Saturday evening it was signed! Only problem, they will be taking possession Aug. 20th! AHHHH I have 2 weeks to pack and move! How did I let myself agree to this! And no, we don't have a house to move in to. Thankfully Dave's parents have offered their basement to us in our transition, which we did before we moved into this house as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats you guys! What a blessing! We're still at 17 months and counting! We have plenty of boxes if you need any...let us know.
That's awesome! Hey now we are both living in basements for a while :) It is hard to leave a house with all of its memories! I hope you find a new place soon!
I'll volinteer (?), but you have to drive the kids out here! Hahaha!
wow we are really excited for you guys! that happened so fast, I wish I was there to help. where are you looking to buy? sounds exciting and give everyone our love!
Post a Comment