Sorry, kinda long and opinionated.
#1: Don't be overly excessive on the amount of T.P. rolls you use, especially keep in mind who will be cleaning it up. Now don't think I'm no fun that I limit my roll amount, but there really can be too much.
#2: Don't be destructive. Be aware of the landscaping and try not to kill or make a mess of things. I do realize it is in the dark and you can't see wonderfully but still you can be careful.
#3: DON'T DO IT WHEN IT IS RAINING OR GOING TO RAIN! That is just rude!
Now I'm sure there are more but these three were all very broken a few nights ago. Now I realize we are living at Dave's parents, so I'm sure the T.P.ing was intended towards them, and keeping that it mind it made it all the more rude. #1 rule breaking: Holy crap we counted 12 plus rolls of T.P., now some may say that isn't too bad and had it only been T.P. I may agree, however there was also silly string, shredded newspaper, sunflower seeds, and plastic forks and knives! What were they thinking?! Especially with the shredded newspaper! #2 rule broken: now I guess this wasn't super bad it was a little landslide while trying to reach a tree but with everything else I guess it just irked me even more. #3 rule broken: HELLO! It had been raining all evening and the clouds sure as heck weren't going away so obviously it was going to rain some more, what were they thinking! First off, it ruined what would have been a pretty decent T.P.ing job and second did they even think about the pain in the #*% it would be to clean up! Cleaning up a dry T.P.ing is a pain enough. Plus shredded newspaper, which hmm with a storm it's generally always windy, so sorry S.J. for all the litter that I'm sure blew away. The silly string was half wasted away and not easily picked up so lets hope the lawn mower will get it and the forks, knives, and sunflower seeds were just random, thankfully the seeds were contained to the entry way though, so I guess they thought something through. It took 2+ hours to clean up and again not every little piece is. Let's hope the sopping wet T.P. that is stuck on the bark will just wash away or something.
Well lucky for David's parents, they were out of town, and not that they are old and frail but can you imagine them having to clean it all up, by themselves, not cool. Another thing I'm a little perturbed about is it was done on a Sunday night. Now chances of it being some youth in the ward are pretty high, so first off, who would let their kids do that on a SUNDAY, and chances are it was a sleepover event too, again on a Sunday?! Maybe I'm old fashioned and already a fuddy-duddy, but I never remember getting to do sleepovers on Sunday especially being allowed to go out T.P.ing. David's parents have a good rapport with the youth of the ward, so I would have thought it was being done with feelings of endearment, and yet the way it was done sure leaves me wondering. . .
Yeah, I really don't get the sunflowers. There was more silly string out on the front of the lawn.
The Forks are on the bottom left of the picture.
6 comments:
How frustrating! I'm with you on the TPing rules. If you're going to do it, follow the rules and be sure it doesn't completely ruin the other persons day.
Um, why would someone TP Daves parents house? Are there still younger kids at home? I must have been an uber nerd because our house was never TP'd and I only went once, and that was after I graduated from High School! :)
That really is rude. Maybe they were mad at someone and got the wrong house. That's stuff you'd only do to someone you really dislike. Wow. So sorry you had to deal with that.
Yikes! That's horrible! I agree with the rules whole heartedly! The only sleep-overs I had on Sunday nights were at Aunt Stephanie's house, and only during the summer! I'm sorry you had to clean all that up.
Yeah I was wondering if they got the wrong house too...what a mess!
That's crazy! I can't wait to get feeling better. I'm excited to go on a girl's weekend. As soon as I get feeling better I'll get to planning it. Are you still nursing Brent? Renee is going to come too!!! Fabulous! I hope you are having fun at your in-laws. Talk to you soon.
Post a Comment