Thursday, February 21, 2008

Jackson Hole

So the whole Wilkey clan made a trip up to Jackson this weekend to visit David on the Elk Ride. It was a lot of fun, but very cold, especially because of the wind. David did an amazing job, and I learned a whole lot about elk that was really interesting! The ride itself was very interesting as well. We got to Jackson right before 1:00pm Saturday, and rather than waiting and taking the 2:00pm ride, everyone decided to rush and catch the 1:00pm. Everyone but me. See Brent was more than ready to eat, we all weren't dressed appropriately, and I had to use the bathroom. Thankfully they did let me run to the bathroom, but then we were all dressing frantically on the 5-minute bus trip to the sleighs. Thankfully Brent was still asleep, oh but wait, that didn't last the whole ride, and since they don't want babies crying and disturbing the elk and horses, and it was way to cold just to hold him and try to calm him down, so I ended up nursing him on the ride under a ton a blankets shoved around me the best we could. He ate fine but I couldn't move him afterwards to burp him because of the cold and wind so I just held him in the same position, and the bumpy ride just brought everything back up! Needless to say it was quite interesting! So that was my only complaint, that we would have waited, but then Sunday turned out to be gorgeous so it would have been even better to have done it then. It really was a good trip although quick and a long drive. I was also able to see my roommate Shalese, from my first 2 years at College, but because of my un-planning it was only for a short 2 minutes because Brent blew out right at the wrong moment and I had to clean him up and Shalese needed to start Relief Society. It was still so good just to see her and hug her!
Anna Bundled Good, Thanks to Grandma!
Brent in his carseat on the bottom of the sleigh.
Dave and Amber before Brent woke up.
Dave and Amber after Brent woke up.
Thank goodness they had a lot of extra blankets!

1 comment:

Ponczoch Family said...

Souns like a good time! I especially like the picture of Brent in his carseat;)