Thursday, January 8, 2009

Total nerd and proud of it.

Ya'll noticed it before, but were perhaps too shy to say something to my face. But surely it was at least whispered between some of you. Amber married a nerd. Now I have the paper proof and am not afraid to show it off. I am now a registered member of the American scociety for Microbiology. http://www.asm.org (if you are interested). There is a big nasty test to get in. I spent the better part of the last 6 months studying for it. 
For a christmas present I even got a giant microbe (Staphylococcus aureus, a common skin bug and USP product sterility test contaminant, pictured here) as a stocking stuffer from Amber, so you could say that she feeds one of my addictions. For those interested in their own giant microbes http://www.giantmicrobes.com is a great place to look.
I guess this is fitting as I do work in a microbiology lab.
So my official name and honorifics are:
David M. Woolley BA, RM(NRM)

8 comments:

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

Congratulations nerd! oh i mean David :) That is a great accomplishment!

Brooke Bennett said...

Congrats! Love the post!

Bethany said...

That's great! Congratulations!

Heidi said...

CONGRATS! That is sweet!

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned before that you are a nerd, and congratulations.

Audrey said...

My mother-in-law always says that she's glad that she married a nerd (he's a rocket scientist). I'm sure Amber feels the same way.

Jenna said...

Congrats!! And it's ok. I married a nerd too!!

Jen-Knee said...

Let's hear it for the nerds of the world! Wahoo! You should be super proud to be an NRM.