Monday, January 12, 2009

WE'RE UNDER CONTRACT!!!!!!!

And it looks like it will be for real this time!  It happened really quick, but thankfully this time we have till the end of February, rather than 2 weeks.  So we are going in to high gear to find a home to move into.  The difficulty in this market is that a lot of homes are 'short sale' and although they are killer deals, it can take many moons to even get under contract, and that's only if your lucky to be picked out of the multiple offers.  So we'll see what happens there.  It's a single women who is moving into our house and from what the agents say, she is super excited to have it.  We didn't get what we really would have liked and maybe a little lower than we should/could have, but in this market you really don't want a semi-decent offer to pass you by.  
I want to add a note about David's latest blog.  There were 10 people at his work that took the test and only 5 of them past, it really was a hard test!  Also, I am very grateful to be married to a nerd and wouldn't have it any other way.  

8 comments:

Heidi said...

YAY! I hope this will work out for you! Good luck with the home hunt!

Valeri Crockett said...

Hallelujah!!! I hope this works and I hope you move closer to me:) hehe

Jenna said...

That's so exciting! I hope you guys find something!

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

That's awesome! Good luck finding a home and packing up again!!!

Shafferprincess said...

That's awesome news, Amber! Now, you should come my way! And, we'll have to convince Val to come up here, too! :) Good luck with finding a home. It's tiring and frustrating at times, but when you find "the one" you'll know it!

Seems like that's the way it is with a spouse, too! :) Congrats!

Unknown said...

rock on!

Jen said...

Yayyyy! Congrats!! Good luck finding a new house--I'll keep you and your search in my prayers for sure. :)

Maggie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.