Thursday, January 7, 2010

Decorating the Tree 2009

So we were trying to save money this year during Christmas and the tree was one of the areas to be cut back on...Thankfully my parents had an extra fake tree that they let us borrow. I do admit the convenience of not stringing the lights, not having to water and not having pine needles everywhere, was nice........but I still missed my live tree. The smell, the nostalgia, the look....next year, I'm saving my pennies!
Before the decorating...Love my Girlie poser and Manly poser!
Such good helpers. I won't let them do the ceramic ones yet, so Anna kept asking "When I get bigger, like you and Daddies size, can I do the fragile ones?" She wants to grow up so bad! She would also put 3-4 ornaments on one limb, so we kept having to remind her to spread them out. Brent just thought it was great fun and loved all the choo-choo trains and balloons.
It still looked nice, especially with the ornaments on, thanks again Mom and Dad!
Of course the tree was constantly undecorated and redecorated through the course of the month....kids.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Aaahhh, the memories! It looked good! I think we're FOR SURE (hopefully)taking ours down tomorrow.

Heidi said...

I like it! We just had a 3' tree that we had up on our bar this year so it was out of Bailee's reach. But we did buy a full size fake one on the day after Christmas this year, so I'm pretty positive we'll be playing the decorating/redecorating game next year.