This year we were to spend Christmas with the Wilkey side, but since Dad had to work Christmas day and we are all spread out, we celebrated a week early at our house. This will probably become the tradition, we'll just rotate who hosts. So we squished us all into our house, 12 adults and 6 kids. We hadn't had any gifts under the tree, knowing the kids would try opening them, so when G&G showed up with their presents it was like Santa had come! I was the only one with a camera and I've since realized I didn't do a very good job at taking pictures....sorry.

Opening gifts from G&G Wilkey

Enjoying gift from G&G Wilkey. They each got a tote that had a themed: sleeping bag, pillow, and flashlight in them.

Except for Ava, but she got a darling hat instead!

Uncle David and Aunt Kelly gave them all stick horses and right before they left Anna and Brent had to try their boots on too to get the whole effect. I just realized we should have put their wild rags on that Kelly had made for them....sad.

We had a great time opening gifts, Mom and Dad have been helping increase our preparedness the past many Christmases and this year we got 40lb of pure honey, wahoo! Amanda and Carlos gave us a new Blender, I froze our last one and have been borrowing the in-laws, it is great and holds a lot! I use it to make fruit smoothies for our Friday Breakfrast Dinners, using this
recipe. It was a lot of fun to be with everyone!
3 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! The stick horses are so cute!
that was a good time. the flashlights were the big hit until David brought in the stick horses.
I always love our family Christmas party!! I'm glad we had more room at your house this year!!
Post a Comment