We've been meaning to visit David and Kelly and do the Dinner Ride for some time now. So when I got a wedding invitation for one of my first roommates, up in Idaho, and it was Labor Day weekend we figured hey, why not! We've also wanted to go visit BYU-Idaho Campus to see all of the changes, so we made a weekend of it all!
 |
| Angela Burnham, was my roommate my freshman year, so she new David too. She was actually the first person we found and told we were engaged. |
So we drove up to Iona, ID for the wedding reception on Friday, then made our way to Rexburg. We stayed at a pretty small hotel, but it was okay. The swimming pool was ice cold and the hot tub was warm... Oh well, it makes for memories. Saturday morning we went up to Campus to explore.
 |
| This was taken in the MC in the theater where we had church and where David proposed! |
I'm realizing we didn't take very many pictures of campus... It has changed so much, which is kind of sad. It isn't my little college campus anymore. It's becoming the university that it is. sniff.
 |
| Love, love, love Fongs!! This is my favorite Chinese restaurant, so we totally had to go for lunch! I'm glad it is still around. |
Sadly because it was a holiday weekend and school had not yet started, a lot of buildings and the campus store were closed. I was even planning on getting some paraphernalia, guess it saved me money. So it didn't take us nearly as long as we thought, so we headed up to Driggs...Jackson early. So we stopped by and surprised Kelly at work! The kids had a ton of fun playing with Milly and even got to see Kelly give her a bath. We then roamed down town for a little bit while waiting for the show to start.
 |
| We actually ended up sitting in front of this statue for the most part and the kids ran around like crazy entertaining us and everyone who walked by. While Clara slept on David's shoulder. |
 |
| The best picture we could get on the wagon...Brent was obviously enthralled with the forest! Sweet Clara thankfully fell asleep to the swaying. |
 |
| David playing Buckskin! He does a great job! |
 |
| Aunt Kelly cuddling with Clara. I think she liked how warm Clara kept her...okay and who wouldn't like cuddling with that sweet girl. |
 |
| Again, the kids really weren't in to getting their pictures taken. |
It was a lot of fun and the food, from what I was told, was really good. I could only eat certain things because the rest had dairy in it. Blah.
We drove back to David & Kelly's that night staying up pretty late watching "Despicable Me" I'm liking the movie the more I watched it.
Sunday we got up and made it to church. Then came back to the house to some great crockpot roast!
 |
| David really wanted to make some cake, but they didn't have a cake mix, so I convinced him to have Dave help him make one from scratch! They said it was delicious! I had Oreos... |
 |
| We had a nice lazy afternoon/evening, then realized it was 7:00 and we hadn't had dinner, so as we go in to start making it, we find the kids eating cake. They had told Aunt Kelly they were hungry...so....she gave them cake! hahahaha, we had a good laugh |
 |
| David made us a great breakfast dinner. He said he normally likes to make breakfast for guests, but they had to leave first thing Monday morning, so this worked out great! It was delicious! |
Sadly they both had to work on Labor Day so they had to take off pretty early. We had a ton of fun! The kids went crazy playing with Milly while we were there and I've just realize I have no pictures of them playing with her, sad. The house was darling! Kelly had it decorated so dang cute, we were really jealous of the country! Thanks so much for a great weekend!
 |
| On our way out! |
4 comments:
We were big fans of Fong's too. We need to make our way back up there to see the campus, too!
That sounds like you had a great trip! We need to do the dinner ride too... That's also fun that you got to walk around your old campus, and go back to where David proposed!!!
Lots of fun posts! It's fun to see the kids getting so big. Glad you had fun on this trip, too!
That looks so fun! I have been wanting to go on the dinner ride. I wish Ryan and Jenna still lived here, then I would make them go with me!
Post a Comment