Poor sweet Clara has not been feeling great the last few days, but last night she took a turn for the worst. She had had a cough and was loosing her voice, but she really started having more
stridor and struggling to breathe, so we monitored her through the night but when I came in in the morning she didn't look so hot and when I was changing her diaper her chest started to contract really bad (
retractions) and her lips started turning blue. I knew it was turning into a more severe form of croup. So I rushed to the doctors where they gave her an air steroid treatment, which generally works really well, but not for her. So they gave her a steroid shot and started another breathing treatment but the doctor didn't feel comfortable so she scooped her up and we all hurried down to the ER. They again did another treatment but it still wasn't helping, so while they started contacting Life Flight to Primaries they put her on
heliox (helium and oxygen mixed) and it made a big difference. When Life Flight got there she worsened a little with all the changing around. I walked out to the helicopter with them and watched it take off. Thankfully David had been able to go straight to Primaries from work so he was waiting for her when they got there. I drove home, changed and grabbed a few things than rushed to the hospital. When I got there they discovered that on top off the Croup she also had a double ear infection. Sad sad girl. So we've been here since 11:30-12:00ish. We also found out that she has influenza II. Poor thing just has too much at once. We just took off the heliox (10:30pm) to see how she does, but there are still so many wires and tubes! We thought we'd let you all know what's going on. Thanks everyone for your help, especially Emily who had Anna and Brent all day, I knew I didn't have to worry about them. We'll try to keep you updated.
 |
| 5 point harness |
 |
| Loading, the guy with the grey hair was so awesome and caring very father/grandfatherly! |
 |
| Waiting for take off. |
 |
The minute I got there she just wanted me. Sweet sweet baby. Still so grateful David was there when she got there! |
8 comments:
OH my goodness, poor baby! Hopes she gets well quickly!
We're still praying for her! Such a brave little girl.
Scary! I can't believe you just had to let her go in the helicopter alone! I would have died:(
We are praying for a speedy recovery. So glad that baby girl is doing better today. You guys are really brave!
What a poor sad little girl!! We're praying for her! We love you guys!
Poor little one! We are praying for your family!
Holy cow, that's crazy!!! Poor thing! I hope she recovers quickly!
Oh, Amber!! That's SO scary! I hope she's doing MUCH, much better now. Love you guys!
Post a Comment