Monday, October 6, 2008

Climb Baby Climb!

So Brent is my climber baby.  He loves the stairs!  If I ever don't get them blocked off quickly enough he V-lines it for them and he is fast.  Now with him loving the stairs we have, on occasion, tried to show him how to go backwards. But we really haven't been very diligent, but I guess we did good enough.  Sunday, after lunch with the family and during clean up we all were doing our own things and not paying super attention to Brent, well I think we all thought the other person was watching him.  So the next thing you know David was coming up the stairs and watched Brent coming down...but no one saw him start!  When Dad had gone down the stairs  earlier and Brent was half way, he just assumed that Brent had started at he bottom and was climbing up, but no, he had started at the top, so miraculously there was no thud-thud-thud, because he figured out to turn around and go backwards, thank Heaven!  So today I got to witness him do it again, at first he did try putting his hands down but he didn't feel comfortable so he stopped, and then he just whipped around like it was no big deal and started to go down!  Amazing!  But he doesn't stop there, he loves to climb onto little stools and chairs and fireplace mantels (he's yet to get off of that gracefully) and what ever else he can get onto or even into.  This picture isn't really a climbing skill, it was just cute.  Oh and he also has discovered how to open drawers and cabinets, and what a thrill that is!   And of course the plants, yes, we have vacuumed dirt multiple times.  He really is my mischievous, adventures, curious son, and will not be deterred unless you take drastic measures (strapping him in the highchair, or closing all doors) but even then if he ever sees the opportunity later, he does not forget and tries again and again and again.  And since we are living with Dave's parents, there is only so much child proofing I can do, and none upstairs, so we just have to be on constant supervision, blah! And yet, maybe he is doing it for the attention...cuz sometimes he really loves to be caught...hmm.

5 comments:

Valeri Crockett said...

Do you want to can apples with me? I want to do applesauce and maybe apple butter. Let me know! I will probably do them within the next couple weeks. I still need to go around and find out what apples are ready and how much they are. It looks like the 24th and 25th will work perfect for girl's weekend out. . .it's in the planning! I'm excited.
What is the address to your inlaws so I can stop by when I'm in SL? I can't believe Brent is getting old enough to go up and down the stairs. You baby isn't a baby anymore. . . sad:(

Brooke Bennett said...

haha! so much fun! He sounds like my mischievious Macee.

Bethany said...

He can do stairs?!? That's awesome! We don't have any stairs around and the few times I've tried to get Kaylee to climb (up or down) at my parents she's not interested.

What a cute, smart boy figuring it out on his own!

Shafferprincess said...

He's such a cutie, Amber! And, it's sad to think that I've never even seen him, other than in pictures! Oh well. I guess at our girls weekend out I can, right? I'm excited and so looking forward to that! :)

Renee

Heidi said...

That is awesome that he is doing so well! He is super cute!