Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Decorating the Tree...Finally!

So we got the tree last tuesday (yes, sadly it is a tree from a lot, one day my children will know where trees really come from) and we did get it up and the lights on it right away, but for some reason the decorating kept getting forgotten and put off.  So finally for FHE we got 'er done.  Thanks to a Grandma Wilkey and Grandma Lu, we have plenty of decorations for our tree.
The bells were Brent's favorite, course we wouldn't let him play with much else.
Ever since I had Anna try on her snowboots to see if they still fit, she has had to wear them as often as possible! 
This picture took 50 gazzilion trys before it finally worked out fairly decent.  I'm impressed how well the kids were by the end of it all.  Yes, I know our star is crooked, it has issues.
Brent's been able to stand up on his own for quite a while now, this is just the first picture I've actually been able to catch, every other time when I had the camera he would sit down quickly!  He is super close to walking too, any day I suspect.

3 comments:

Valeri Crockett said...

I cannot believe he is standing, in my head he is still just a little baby. My brain needs to catch up with reality, obviously! The tree looks great. It may seem late to actually put one up but at least your tree will for sure last until Christmas. We got a real tree and put it up before Thanksgiving. . . it's dying. . .AHHHHHH!! You should see all the needles on the floor. I hope you are having a great holiday season. . . I would love to come visit you but I think you understand my present circumstance:) I'll let you know when I pop! Thanks for all your comments on my blog, it makes me so happy to know I have such amazing friends. Your fabulous!
:) Val

Shafferprincess said...

Your tree looks awesome, and Brent's standing already? Yikes! Where does the time go - I swear you just had him! But then, our weekend out seems like ages ago, so it must have been at least a while ago! :)

Hey, I need your address for Christmas cards! Can you email it to me? Thanks a bunch! You're awesome, Amber.

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

yeah for ornaments from grandma wilkey!