Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ode to 4:30 AM

Okay, so it's not realy an Ode, however can I just tell you how awful this time is, blah!  I'm sorry Mike and Aubrey that you see it almost everyday!  See I get these awful TMJ (temporal mandibular joint, your jaw hinge) headaches, which basically compare to migranes:  can't function, nausea, want to die, etc.  Well the only drug that works on them is Excedrin, gotta love asprin and caffeine mixed, however the side effects can be frustrating.  Typically I only take one pill at a time, I used to be able to handle two...hmmm, and I have to either take it right before bed or earlier in the day.  Otherwise I am totally wired!  Well last night I did take it right before bed, but since I have a cold I've had this stupid tickle that is constantly making me cough, so I kept waking up.  So waking up and the mixture of the drugs being in me was not a good thing.  Hence 4:30, but as some may notice that I'm posting this at 6:00, that's because I tried going back to sleep but after an hour I was sick of laying in bed, so I thought I would add Leah's blog to my list of blogs, check it out it is super cute!  Now on to another subject!
Saturday was a full day for us, that really started friday when I got a call from our agent that we had a showing from 10:00-11:00 on Saturday!  But we also had Tithing settlement at 10:30 and the double baby shower at 11:00 and the house was still full of boxes and hadn't been cleaned since we moved in!  Blah!  So David and I worked our tails ends off to get the house ready to show and get out in time ready for settlement and the shower.  Thanks David for tackling the kids at the same time and fitting the car in the garage! I was walking, no, running out the door when the people showed up, and I had to finish getting ready in the bathroom at the church!  The shower was fun with great food and I'm sad I didn't birth my baby first, if only it was really that easy.  Then we ran home, Amy got ready for her date, which I'm very sad I missed meeting the boy, and David and I ran to Mervyn's to take advantage of their going-out-of-business sales, I will be going back.  I finally got my shower, sorry to all who had to see me previous to that.  Then we headed to Brooke and Shaun's for the always fun Wilkey Cuzin Christmas Party.  Thanks again Brooke for taking that on, especially since you've had a ton on your plate as well!  I had a great time and was sad to leave early because of my headache, but it was great to see everyone!  Thankfully the kids were sound in their beds when we arrived home, no you may not have my babysitters number, so I was able to get to bed fairly early, but as always can't fall asleep till after 11:30, my normal bedtime.  So needless to say Sunday will be an interesting day having little sleep and as we all know Sundays aren't the most restful days when you have children!  So the moral of the story is don't wear purple socks and jump with the howler monkeys before you swing over the cactus piles.  Have a great day!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh wow! Busy busy. I am sorry about not being able to sleep. That is just about the worst thing ever.

You'll have to explain more about the moral of your story...where the heck did you come up with that?! :)

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

wow! well if you ever need to talk in the earlier than early hours of the morning, give me a ring! :) well...maybe not, Sharon might not appreciate hearing her phone ring that early. Man, we just need better cell service up here! Anyway, I know you posted this a couple days ago but I hope you are feeling better! That doesn't sound like fun... and that is quite the moral of the story! :)

The Woolley's said...

Remember it was 4:30 in the morning, but let's be honest I really had to think of something totally off the wall. So sadly there is no fun story behind it. ;P