Monday, April 27, 2009

2nd Cuzins...I think

A couple weekends ago we got to babysit Brooke and Shaun's kids; Jeffrey and Macee. Brooke is my cuzin for those who don't know. They had a work meeting in CA so they dropped them off Thursday evening and we had them till Saturday night. The kids had a blast! They all did pretty well, it just wore David and me out. Here are some fun pictures from the weekend. Yes, they are all under the age of 4.
Dinner the first night, yes we still have the lovely fridge box curtains...
The kids were being so silly and laughing super hard, but of course the minute I pulled out the camera they would only pose or not pose.
Brushing 4 little kids teeth in one little bathroom is quite the adventure, I would maybe even suggest trying it sometime........maybe....
Just a little movie before bedtime.
1st night sleeping arrangements. Yeah, it didn't work to well. For 2 hours they were jumping from bed to bed, playing with cd player, turning the lights on and off, and yeah being kids. Finally they were worn out enough, but Jeffrey ended up climbing in with Macee, as long as they slept, I didn't care.
Friday they played hard and I tried hard to keep Macee out of the basement. Oh yeah and Anna had a typical break down, over what, I really don't remember, but I do remember the stress it caused.
2nd night sleeping arrangement. Worked a little better, course it helped that Macee didn't get a nap and was exhausted and fell asleep on the couch, it was super sweet. So we put Macee by the window, Jeffrey in the middle and Anna on the other end, and since they were all tired they all fell asleep fairly well. But then Anna kept waking up and I think was disorriented in her sleeping direction, so to keep the other two asleep, we put her in on the couch and she amazingly slept! It was funny though every time I would go in for Anna, Macee would move closer and closer to Jeffrey but then the last time she was at the bottom of the bed at Jeffrey's feet. It was quite hilarious.
Saturday, my brother Ryan showed up while his wife Jenna was in a class in Ogden, so he chilled with us and we went to the park and played, sorry no pics. Thanks for all your help Ryan! He played hard with all of the kids! Then Uncle Rick and Aunt Jenny surprised us and called saying they would be there around 7:30pm, which originally it was supposed to be 7:00am Sunday, or super late Saturday night, so as a 'thank you' to them we got the kids bathed so they wouldn't have to. Rub-a-dub-dub 3 kids in a tub!
We all had a good time and the kids still talk about it! By the way Brooke, we still have a pair of Macee's socks!
Thanks for visiting us Jeffrey and Macee!

1 comment:

Brooke Bennett said...

Yay, such fun pictures!!! Thank you so much for watching them for us! It's nice when we can leave town and I don't have to worry at all about them! Jeffrey keeps saying he needs to go back to your house... so we're gonna have to do a playdate soon!