Monday, April 20, 2009

Easter

I know I'm a little behind, but it has been a busy week and a half. This might be kinda long and wordy, sorry. Friday night (before Easter) my friend Marci was having her senior piano recital for graduation from the U, so we all went up but the kids weren't allowed, so David wandered the halls with them for the hour, Thanks hun!! Then I got to watch Marci's fingers fly across the keyboard! I can't decide if I was totally motivated to become better at the piano, or totally depressed to never try again! It was wonderful and they had amazing refreshments afterwards, I need to get that caramel brownie recipe Marci! We then left a little after 9:00pm headed to Vernal, a 3 hour drive! The nice part of driving late at night is there is hardly any traffic and the kids slept the whole way! We arrived midnight-ish and thankfully Anna went back to bed and slept pretty well, which she normally is the bad one. Brent on the other hand had had his nap and was wired as they come! It probably didn't help that all the adults were up until 2:00am. But even after everyone went to bed Brent still would not sleep. In the end David took him for a car ride to downtown and drove Main a few times before Brent finally dozed off. It was close to 4:00 or so in the morning! So after a really bad night of sleep, the kids still woke up way to early! But as seems to be the Wilkey tradition the Easter Bunny visited on Saturday and the kids pretty much had candy for every meal the entire weekend. Amanda, Amy and I took off to K-Mart where we needed to drop of some March of Dimes and found some super cute clothes then of to the Great Super Wal-Mart of Vernal where we again found more clothes and stuff that I really shouldn't have bought, I ended up spending over $100 dollars on clothes and shoes for the kids, a couple shirts for me, and some storage bins for Brent's room...I definitely didn't do so good bargain shopping, but everything was still on sell..........I really don't do that very often! We got back late for lunch, sorry everyone that was starving, except the kids, they had their candy. After lunch we had to do the egg hunt inside, since the weather was super rainy and cold all day. The pictures aren't great, it's hard to get good angles and lighting in a small space crammed with excited little kids running everywhere.
Brent even tried re hiding some of the eggs, it was super cute!
After the egg hunt they really wanted to do it again, so Amy, Dave, and Carlos hid a few more in the kitchen and they did a mini hunt, but it made them happy. I was so tired I really don't remember what we did all day...but for dinner Dad BBQ'd some amazing steaks!!! Like holy cow good! It helped that it was meat from half a cow they had bought a year or so ago, so the freshest you could get! I also made cottage cheese salad a little different: Cottage cheese, cool whip, peach jello and almost two pounds of Fresh strawberries cut up! It was reeeaally good! I highly recommend it! We went to bed at a little more decent time and Brent slept a ton better since he hadn't had a nap and was exhausted!! But poor Austin, struggled, you just can't win when sleeping in a different place! Sunday morning we had a super delicious Brunch, since church was at 1:00 and we were all headed back home after Sacrament. It was a lot of fun, but definitely quick and tiresome.
Chandra, I had to laugh when I saw you guys got the same suit! But it was so cute how could we pass it up!!
I always try and get a Easter Sunday Family picture all dressed up. I did buy Anna a new dress, but she refused, like beyond refused to even try it on, let alone wear it ever! So we gave it to here cuzin Cammie for her birthday...kids!
I warned you this was long...
So we drove out after Sacrament and again the kids slept, since it was nap time and they had played so hard, although they didn't sleep the entire way, they still were happy when they were awake. We hardly even used half the toys and books I had packed to entertain them, Amazing. We didn't go straight home but went to Wendy and Brian's for Easter Dinner with the Woolley side, for some reason Anna really didn't want to go and just really wanted to go home, but she still ate a good dinner and had fun with her cuzins. They also had an egg hunt, only the weather had finally cleared so we were able to do it outside, the pics would have been better, but my camera was already full and I kind of just forgot... But I'm pretty sure others got pictures, so I need to get them from them. During this hunt, Brent got an egg in each hand and would not let them go for anything, so David had to help pick up his other eggs. We didn't stay too long and finally headed home. I think we got the kids to bed at a semi-decent time... again, I was so tired from the whole weekend that I really don't remember details. But, I do remember I had a good time and the food was great, the company was great and I love being with my family!! I gained a few pounds, but owell!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Okay, I don't know how I missed this post! Ummm... What can I say? Cute pictures!