Can I first just say, I have the best little girl in the world!!! Okay, so I finally got Anna into the dentist, I know she's 3 1/2, but we made it. Our neighbor across the empty lot from us works for a pediatric dentist so it was great to have her recommendation. The office is called the Kid Dental Barn and it is not kidding! They have it decorated to the nines, this is the waiting area and there is a Nintendo 64 and other great things to play with.
This is the x-ray area, holy cow! hahaha. Most 3 year olds won't cooperate for an x-ray, but Anna was a champ and totally let them do it. That is our neighbor, Amber, I'm grateful she was able to help out.
They have the T.V.s on the ceiling and she was watching 'Bolt'
I brought Brent along to get him used to the place, because I plan on making him an appointment the next go around.
Anna did so awesome! She hardly even moved, it helped that she was distracted by the movie, or was frozen in fear....not quite sure which one.
Brent LOVED the John Deer tractor! I made a great noise too. That barrel in the background is one, of the multiple, sinks.
After, they made Anna a balloon kitty and Brent a balloon sword, what a great idea. Anna did have cavities and so we scheduled for the next week to fix them, this time I didn't take Brent. Sorry no photos from this one. The Dentist had been so impressed with how well Anna did that they didn't think they would need laughing gas so they just went for it. Three were super easy to fix but the fourth one was in between the teeth so they did have to numb her up a bit. She did great!!!! The only time she started to whine and whimper was when they had clamped the "teeth pillow" a little too wide, so it was uncomfortable, but they fixed that and everything was honky dory after that. I was really nervous that this would be a bad experience for her and she would have fear of the dentist for the rest of her life, but I really think it went well and they praised her like crazy, so hopefully she'll take away the good memories of it all! Way to go Anna!! This time she got a butterfly balloon and a flower balloon because she did so well! Not having laughing gas sure saved me some money too! hehehe
2 comments:
Wow, that's great that she did so well. And it is awesome how they have that place set up!
How fun is that office for the kids!! Good job Anna for doing so well!!
Post a Comment