These events were spread out over the last couple of weeks or so.
I had a conference call for the March of Dimes and so I sent the kids outside and kept an eye on them through the window. They ended up by the neighbor's garbage cans and covered themselves in dirt, so although you may not be able to tell, but they are head to toe dust! Anna begged for a picture, silly girl.
We were at home enjoying the nice cool weather out back when we had a little visitor and the kids, David included, thought it was soooo cool. Sorry it is kinda long and I wasn't the most steady, but it still is cute.
Upclose shot of our friend Praying Mantis
Little scientists totally enthralled.
Same night after the Mantis wonder wore off.
Then of course a few days later, after the nice thunderstorms and the sandbox lid left open, mud bath time!!!! What is it with my kids and rubbing mud all over their legs? So we started with dust and ended with mud!
Kids!
3 comments:
The mud on the legs runs in the family. Remember when we lived in Wyoming and we would go down to the creek and play in the mud? We would see how far into the mud we could sink. It's in the genes. :-)
That was the best, playing in the mud! Jaiden made a huge pool today in our now-finished sandbox. We've had tons of praying mantis around here lately. I also recently learned they can bite! That was a cute video, especially the drawing of the bug with curly hair!
I tutored in a kindergarten classroom where the teacher had gone through a special certification class to be able to have bugs in her classroom. They were awesome! The kids totally loved them. She had 4 or 5 praying mantises (manti?) and a walking stick! :) When the kids were super, super good, she'd get them out and the kids could hold them and let them crawl on them. I don't know about them biting...I imagine it must not be a big deal if teacher's can use them in their classrooms! But they were super cool...even though I, personally, was never brave enough to want to actually touch one! In the terrarium thing was good enough for me! :) She had a big round cage thing, maybe three feet tall and 18" in diameter made out of a screen full of twigs and leaves and stuff where they lived. :)
Post a Comment