Sunday, May 23, 2010

"Hello, Dolly!"

So I've realized that we have caught up on all of our pictures for posting, but I've also realized that we just have been major slackers on remembering to take pictures. The dirt pile was many moons ago and we have definitely been busy since then. Problem then is remembering what we've been up to, so I'll have to pull the calender out and get posting on everything we forgot to take pictures of. For now though something that has been prominent in our lives...
For those on facebook with me already know that I tried out for the Herriman Arts "Hello, Dolly!" production. I did not get a lead, but honestly that would have been way to much stress and to me not nearly as fun. I did however make the dance ensemble group and chorus, which is perfect I get to sing and dance! And oh have I! We practice almost every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night and Saturday morning. Bless David for supporting me and helping with the kids, he has to put them to bed all those nights. As I type this I am extremely sore from our last practice! I went and opened my mouth and said I could do the coffee grinder AKA helicopter, I'm not great at it and I'm going to have to try to keep my foot up.....but all the same my lats are killing me for it! It has been a ton of fun though and I've met some really great people. The performance dates are July 9, 10, 12, 16, 17, 19. So it's Fri, Sat, Mon, Fri, Sat, Mon. at the W&M Butterfield Park Pavilion, in Herriman.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

We're excited for you and can't wait to go! And I'm glad it's you, not me doing the coffee grinder!

I'm Mindy. said...

That is so great. I have another friend in it too...I am planning on seeing it!

Shafferprincess said...

You'll do great in the ensemble group - you always do! And, seriously, you can do the coffee grinder? Holy cow, woman! You're buff!

Jen said...

I'm soooo jealous! I miss performing SO much! I bet you're having a blast and I'm sure it will be amazing. Wow...I haven't tried doing the Coffee Grinder since HS--but not easy. Good work!

Mike & Aubrey Janowicz said...

How cool! I would love to come watch!

Joel said...

Hmmm. . .I'm gonna have to try that coffee grinder thing out. . .even though I'm Mormon. ;)