As we do every year on Christmas Eve, we first made a stop to visit G&G Weekes, then on to G Wilkey's for her big party! Not surprisingly, I forgot the camera. However Anna was a beautiful Angel for the Nativity and actually marched up and sat on Santa's lap with no qualms! Miracle! Brent went up and talked Santa's ear off, although I couldn't hear to translate for him.... Then straight to G&G Woolley's for Christmas Eve Dinner. Phew it definitely makes for a long day, but a good one. Thankfully though we were done by 10:30 with everything...so we got to bed at a decent time.
We set up a gate in the hallway to prevent the kids from going out and they were so good to go in each others rooms and play. However as I was blowing my nose as I usually do in the mornings, the torrent's of Hell opened up in my nose and came with a vengeance! So the poor kids had to wait a little longer...20 minutes...till I could get it semi-under control. I only get these when I'm pregnant in the winter, ick. So I finally go out with a garbage can and a roll of T.P. so the kids can start opening. So David had to take all the pictures and hand out presents.
Brent decided he didn't want to wear Christmas p.j.'s
Gifts from Santa
So I thought the bleeding was done and made the stupid mistake of blowing my nose too soon, so it started all over again. Blah. I had David take a picture of me for memories, but I will not make you view such a horrible seen. The kids seemed to have a good morning, Brent got more trains and tracks which he loves and Anna got a digital camera which she enjoys. However, in the last 2 weeks before Christmas, she started asking Santa for a sparkly barbie with a sparkly brush.....so Brent got her a barbie, cuzin Cammie got her a barbie and so did G Woolley (which was very sparkly) however since it wasn't Santa who brought it, she was pretty disappointed. I told her next year that maybe she needs to ask a little earlier so Santa has time to get it.
The aftermath
Then back to G&G Woolley's to open more presents and enjoy a nice lunch and afternoon together. So all in all we had a great Christmas and again I am reminded of how blessed we truly are.
No comments:
Post a Comment